Monday, May 17, 2010

Gnome Hat

I was watching Snow White and the 7 dwarfs with my daughter and I noticed that the Dwarfs had these hats that were rounded in the back, not a sharp point, but rounded. I thought that was cool so I made my daughter a hat like it. Then I put it on her and she looked more like a forest gnome, or at least how I picture forest gnomes to be lol. I'm not into the bright red cone hats haha. I think Gnomes would blend into the forest not stand out right? anyways she likes it so mission accomplished hehe. If you can't see the pic either click on it or right click on it and select view picture. The pattern is available for $3 in my Etsy Shop if anyone is interested. I also have instructions on how to make it bigger so it will fit an adult too ;) What do you think?





6 comments:

Re-Illy Unique said...

It's so cute! Like the top of an acorn, if you did it in brown and had a fuzzy edge... hehe
ps. your daughters smile is just gorgeous :)

Anonymous said...

Cute Cute Cute! I do the same thing when watching movies and such, I always seem to catch the hats people wear and think 'I can make that'

AprilDraven said...

Thanks :) Making it look like an acorn would be a good idea ;)

Beth said...

I love it! It looks adorable on her! Gosh, you're so talented. My hats never turn out that well, and I don't even attempt making my own patterns!

lu rogeria maravilhas do trico said...

Como sempre seu blog é muito lindo parabens beijos Brasileiros lu avanço

AprilDraven said...

Thanks everyone!
lu rogeria maravilhas do trico: I have no idea what you said lol