Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Grey Wizard Hat

This was inspired by Gandalf's hat in The Lord of the Rings. Our whole family has an obsession with those movies (and books). My daughter was so excited when I told her I was going to make the hat. Now that the hat is done I think my husband has laid claim to it haha. I had a little trouble with the brim. I'll admit I just got lazy towards the end because the whole thing is single crochet and I just wanted to be done with it lol. I finished it and the brim bugged me so bad I ripped it out and re did it. Now I'm much happier with it ;D LOL lesson learned just do it right the 1st time so you don't end up with double the work later ;)
If you can't see the pictures right click on them and select view image.

If anyone is interested I have the pattern for sale in my Etsy Shop for $3

What do you think?











I also re-designed my blog. What do you think?

15 comments:

LeeAnn Purtha said...

wow! Incredible pattern! =] Great job!

Corabelle said...

wow, that is so awesome! Wish I could croshet. your Daughter looks adorable!

Anonymous said...

is very funny! greetings from Poland :)

MissCrazyPants said...

Love, love, love it!

AprilDraven said...

Corabelle: Thanks!

as_mimosa: not sure funny is the word I would have used...

Rachel B: Thank You :)

Unique2wh0 said...

April you always amaze me with your hats! It is a great design. I love your new set up from what I have seen so far :-) That lil one of yours is getting big!

AprilDraven said...

Unique2wh0: Thanks :)She is growing up so fast I can't even keep up. I caught myself talking to her as if she was 3 the other day and she put her hands on her hips and said, "I know mom" LOL kids.

Markus Kimura said...

wow i love it!

i love all your little LOTR creations, my boyfriend LOVES lord of the rings, i do too but he really is a die-hard fan haha

Pricey said...

Does the end just lay like that? It's a very awesome design! If I had someone into LOTR I would make it for them.

The new blog revamp looks awesome! Can't wait to share with you my versions of the rainbow hat with the star at the end. I had coworker who was expecting and I made them for her.

JuneGuy said...

Aww man... Looks like I'll be buying from you AGAIN!! :D

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AprilDraven said...

Thanks!

Pricey: You have to shape it a little bit but for the most part it stays :)

CroMag said...

I would love the pattern and Etsy.com doesn't sell it anymore. Can you get into contact with me through my E-mail: cromag12@gmail.com

Lost_Memo said...

Just baught this and a few other patterns from your Etsy site. :D Can't wait to start working on it!

Eden Grey said...

what a great hat!!