Thursday, September 29, 2011

Mother Earth Crochet Doll

This is my latest creation. I love her. Her body is stuffed with Rice and the Earth is stuffed with Rice and Lavender. Getting her shaped just right was a bit of a challenge but I did it. I wanted to get more detailed with the eyes but she is only 7 inches tall so that was difficult. Once I put the felt on her though I realized it was the perfect face and I wouldn't want it any other way :D I tried to make her look like a tree, brown on the bottom and green on top. I felt that was appropriate ;) I have been wanting a Goddess statue for a long time now but for some reason I didn't even think to make one. The pattern for sale in my Etsy shop for $5.20. The pattern is 9 pages long with pictures. What do you think?





4 comments:

MandaRoo said...

I love this! To advanced for me currently- but one day I hope!

Awesome- as usual!

AprilDraven said...

Thanks! It really isn't as hard as it looks :)

Nancy said...

That is so cool April! You should send a picture of it to Mother Earth Magazine, maybe they will publish it!

Nancy

Eliza/Tuome said...

oh my, it's adorable ^^